What is dark & disturbed?
Well, we are really. Our black hearts can't help but love all things dark & disturbed. It only felt fitting.
We are also a book box company that offers monthly boxes featuring your favorite dark, taboo, and emo authors/tropes. All D&D boxes are preorder only at the beginning of each month. Please follow us on instagram to keep track of upcoming boxes and all their details: @darkanddisturbedshop
What is Blackout Romance?
Blackout Romance is our newest subscription bi-monthly book box that features books with all your filthiest tropes, kinks, triggers, etc. Blackout is its own entity that does not directly correlate with D&D. Make sure to follow our instagram to keep up with all the details: @blackoutromancebox
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we do! All international shipping rates are calculated by the carriers themselves. We have no control over those costs.
Average shipping cost: Canada $30 USD, UK $40 USD, AUS $60 USD
How long will it take for my merch to get to me?
Processing times vary, but generally, items ship within 5 business days. Shipping times vary based on your location.
Why is it taking so long to receive my box/bundle?
We do pre-ordering only, meaning, you should expect your box to ship roughly 60 days from your order date. Same goes for our subscription box. Once shipped, it is out of our hands. USPS sometimes doesn’t update tracking information correctly. If you haven’t received your package after 10 days of labels being printed (with no update from the carrier), please email us directly and we will look into it further. We don't always ship as soon as we print labels either, so that could be a factor in the delay.
Do you accept returns?
All sales are final. No returns or exchanges are permitted. If you have an issue with your item, please email us directly, and we will do everything we can to make it right.
1. We do not accept returns or issue refunds for boxes cancelled, or no show pick ups for preordered signing exclusives. Please see next question for damaged books/boxes.
2. All our merch is printed and distributed directly from our printers. Unfortunately, that does not allow us to oversee quality control before it reaches you. Our printers are pretty awesome though, and we're proud to say that we very rarely get an email about apparel issues.
a. We will happily replace your apparel if you get the wrong item entirely, your design is not centered/off in any way, arrives with stains, or it has stitching that looks like it will fall apart.
b. Photos of the damage will be required. Be thorough, as our printer wants to make sure it was their fault for the issue.
What are your policies regarding damaged/missing book box items?
If you have damaged or missing items from your box, please reach out and we will figure out the best course of action. Things to consider before emailing us:
- All damage/missing item claims must be submitted within 14 days of delivered date.
- Damages are reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Damage may be considered as missing pages, a tear/cut or visible gash on the front/back cover or spine, residue or marks on the front cover or spine that cannot be removed, extremely dented or crushed corners, ripped or bent pages that affects the text deeming it unreadable. What we would not consider damage is wavy pages due to humidity, slightly creased/bent top or bottom of spine, ripped/damaged pages that are not detrimental to your reading experience (exception made for damaged character art in Blackout books), residue or marks on the back cover that cannot be removed, etc.
- Photos of the damage and proof of purchase are required.
If your damaged item meets the requirements, you will need to ship your book back to us (at your expense) before we will send out a new copy.
Please note: It is never our intention to send out damaged copies and we personally wrap every single book we send out. If we find a damaged copy, we set it aside so no one gets it. Even though we do our best to package every box the best we can, books are still capable of being damaged in transit. We do not have an unlimited amount of extra books ready for every little knick that your book may incur during its journey to you, which is why we have these policies in place. We appreciate your understanding!
If you have issues with your D&D box, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have issues with your Blackout box, please email us at email@example.com
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR BOOK BOXES
Dark & Disturbed Preorders:
- Generally, we say that cancellations are not permitted. For the last year, I have reviewed cancellation requests on a case by case basis. As we've grown, we've seen more and more emails asking to cancel their orders, for various reasons. Moving forward, starting January 1, 2024, we will be following through with our NO cancellation policy. While it may not seem like a huge task, I spend hours each launch day sifting through emails and so many are people asking to cancel, for reasons we do not think are appropriate, when we have this policy in place.
Blackout Romance Subscriptions:
- You may cancel your subscription at any time.
- If your subscription renews, we cannot cancel or refund your order.
- Subscriptions renew on the first of every other month.